To create an irresistible church engaging others to restore hope, change lives, and transform the community of Hastings and beyond.
To make disciples of Jesus Christ to transform the world.
- We value the importance of scripture.
- We value the power of prayer.
- We value a deep spiritual connection to God and continuous personal spiritual growth for all ages.
- We value outreach to the “unchurched” through active participation in community service and witness.
- We value an open/honest environment which encourages people to speak the truth in love with each other.
- We value creativity, and it’s okay to make mistakes.
- We value the worldwide mission of the United Methodist Church and our connection to the larger body.
- We value our responsibility to serve, because we are all called to be ministers.
- We value close connections to people, including fellowship, small groups and our youth
- We value sharing our faith with others,in order to make and become disciples for Jesus Christ.
- We value open hearts, open minds, open doors. We value differences in people.
- We value our location in the downtown area and the opportunity for ministry that this affords.
These core values speak to who we are as a congregation. They guide us in our decisions and interactions as individuals, teams, and committees. They give individuals and groups permission to act in order to accomplish the mission and vision.